1. Most of the items featured on the SurLaLune Blog and Website are offered as news items and are not specifically reviewed by the site. I try to share as much information about productions, art, publications and other materials that are related to the site's fairy tales and folklore theme.
On the blog, most of the time I have not had the opportunity to review an item due to its availability or funding, but will share news releases and other reviews of the items. This is usually clearly stated.
On rare occasions, I receive review copies of books from publishers and authors and will clearly state the source as such in any posts I write. Receiving review materials does not influence my assessment of the materials. I do not receive compensation beyond any independent affiliate links as discussed below.
On occasions when I have bought or borrowed a copy of an item or service, I will also state as such.
Otherwise, you can assume I’ve either browsed the item at a store in person or online and have gathered information to share about the item.
Everything I write about is my own opinion or a quote of someone else's, clearly referenced usually with a link and the standard quoting marks.
2. Many items I feature on SurLaLune are linked to Amazon and other affiliate programs out of convenience and necessity.
I receive a small percentage of any purchases made after clicking through these links. When I link to a store I am not affiliated with, I clearly state so since I also take no responsibility for the site’s shopping experience.
This small revenue helps finance SurLaLune and keeps it free and available to thousands of readers around the world each day of the year. Last time I did the math I made about 50 cents (USD) an hour for my work through affiliate links. So no, I’m not getting rich, but my expenses are covered sufficiently to hopefully keep the site going for many years to come.
Thank you for supporting SurLaLune by using its affiliate links.
If you ever have a question about a link, please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Here's the more legal sounding stuff:
1. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. When I invite guest bloggers, they will be clearly recognized as such and are free to express their opinions without my influence.
2. The compensation received will never influence the content, topics or posts made in this blog. All advertising is in the form of advertisements generated by a third party ad network. Those advertisements will be identified as paid advertisements.
3. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
4. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.